Pre-Competition classes are perfect for beginning and intermediate students who want to spend more time dancing each week but aren’t ready for, or don’t want, full Competition level classes. Our Pre-Competition classes meet two times per week – once for their regular dance and choreography class, and another for a required dance technique class. They typically participate in 1 – 2 Competitions during the year and also perform in 3-4 of our Year End Production performances.
Two costumes are supplied through the dance studio, purchased by the parents, and worn in competitions and our spectacular Year End Production.
Refer to the dress code policy for classroom attire.
Classes are grouped by age and students are placed into class by instructors following an audition. For the 2017/2018 Dance Season, our Pre-Comp Companies are:
Contact the studio for information on placement opportunities for Pre-Comp classes and tuition options.
Additional Technique Opportunities for Pre-Competition Students
Pre-Comp students may participate in additional technique classes that are over and above class requirements by either purchasing a Punch Card or enrolling in our ‘U’ Unlimited Program.
Tuesday Tech Classes
- Jazz Tech SR, FN, JR Adv. 4:45 – 6:00
- Jazz Tech AS, RS, NL Int. 6:00 – 7:00
Thursday Recreational Tech Classes
- Hip Hop – Beginner, 7:15 – 8:15pm
- Hip Hop – Intermed, 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Hip Hop – Advanced, 4:45 – 6:00pm
Friday Recreational Tech Classes
- Improv / Leap & Turn, all ages 6:45 – 7:30pm
- Improv / Leap & Turn, all ages 7:30 – 8:30pm
- Pointe, Interm / Adv 4:30 – 5:30
- Open Ballet, all ages 5:30 – 6:45
- Just-Ups Pointe, new on pointe 6:45 – 7:30
- Stretch, int / beg 4:45 – 5:30
- Conditioning, all ages 5:30 – 6:30
- Stretch, int / adv 6:30 – 7:30
Saturday Recreational Tech Classes
- Vocal – Quarter Notes*, Beg. 12:30 – 1:15pm
- Vocal – Bass*, Int. 11:00 – 11:45am
- Vocal – Treble*, Adv. 11:45 – 12:30pm
- Ballet – Beginner, 9:00 – 10:30am
- Jazz – Beginner, 10:30 – 11:00am
- Leap & Turn – Beginner, 11:00 – 11:45am
- Fuse, Age 12 & up 9:00 – 10:00am
- Stretch, all ages 10:00 – 11:00am
- Acro, Advanced 11:00 – 11:45am
- Acro, Beginner 11:45 – 12:30pm
- Acro, Intermediate 12:30 – 1:15pm
Workshops and Events
Our Pre-Competition students are invited to attend and participate in select Master Classes and Workshops. More information will be given in class each week as it becomes available.
See our current schedule here:
The calendar below is pre-set to show core and any required technique classes for Pre-Comp Companies, as well as additional technique class offerings. To view other schedule options, begin by clicking the ‘x’ next to the word ‘Categories’ to clear out the pre-sets, and then click to select each item you wish to see from the drop-down menu.