Northland School of Dance offers a wide variety of technique classes, offered in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Stretch, Leap & Turn, Pointe, Acro, and more.
Skill Enhancing Technique Classes:
These technique classes are ideal for students of all ages and levels who are looking for conditioning, cross-sport training, as a way to augment school Dance Line, Cheer or other sport, or anyone simply looking for an active, fun recreational dance class without stage performances.
Technique classes are are skill enhancing and generally do not perform in our Year End Production. (*exceptions may apply) Not sure which classes are right for you? Give us a call, we’re here to help! 763-421-5443.
Technique Classes for the 2019/2020 Dance Season
Are you looking for a specific style of class for a certain age group? Give us a call – we want to hear from you and if there are enough interested, we may be able to add additional classes! Let us know what you are interested in!
- Saturday 10:00 – 11:00am – Hip Hop
- Saturday 11:00 – 12:00pm – Jazz
- Saturday 12:00 – 1:00pm – Leap & Turn
- Saturday 12:30 – 1:15pm – Beg Pointe/Just Ups
- Saturday 1:15 – 2:15pm – Level 1 Ballet
- Tuesday 8:15 – 8:45pm – Stretch
- Thursday 5:00 – 5:45pm – Tap
- Thursday 5:45 – 6:45pm – Hip Hop
- Saturday 11:15 – 12:30pm – Level 2 Ballet
- Tuesday 4:15 – 5:15pm – Jazz
- Tuesday 6:00 – 7:15pm – Jazz
- Tuesday 5:15 – 6:00pm – Leap & Turn
- Tuesday 7:15 – 8:00pm – Leap & Turn
- Tuesday 7:30 – 8:15pm – Stretch
- Thursday 7:00 – 8:15pm – Hip Hop
- Saturday 9:00 – 10:15am – Ballet Level 3
- Saturday 10:15 – 11:15am – Pointe
- Saturday 9:15 – 10:00am – Stretch
- Saturday 10:00 – 11:00am – Acro
- Saturday 11:15 – 12:15pm – Acro
- Saturday 1:00 – 2:00pm – Stretch
***Click below for larger images***
Technique Class Tuition Options
It’s common for students —from recreational students to our competition companies– to find they are having so much fun that they want to continue learning more or challenge themselves beyond their regularly scheduled classes. While you can pay-as-you-go for most Technique classes, we’ve created 3 options for Technique class fees, each with their own benefits.
Students not enrolled in other classes at Northland, and who are registering for Technique classes only have a reduced Studio Registration Fee of only $25!
1. Pay As You Go
This payment type works well for those who aren’t ready to commit to a whole season of dance and want to test out various types of classes to see what they are about and want to see if they will enjoy it. Classes vary in length, and are charged as follows: $14 per 1/2 hour class, $16 per 3/4 hour class, $18 per 1 hour class, $20 per 1 1/4 hour class, $22 per 1 1/2 hour class, and $24 per 1 3/4 hour class.
2. Purchase a Punchcard to save money with minimum commitment!
Open to any student who is not enrolled in our ‘U’ Unlimited Program (#3 below)This program is perfect for students looking for dance training without major commitment but still looking for the best pricing value. This option works great for gymnasts, skaters, school dance line or cheer team members, or students from a studio that does not have a tech program – all are welcome to enjoy our tech classes (age/level appropriate) in our supportive friendly atmosphere. It’s simple! Just purchase a punch card, look at the schedule, and choose your favorite classes. Dance has never been more fun! Punchcards are $99 for 10 punches.
3. Pre-Competition and Competition Level Students: Enroll as a ‘U’ Unlimited Technique Class Student – this is the best cost value for you!
Students enrolling in this program pay a lower overall rate for the opportunity to attend as many technique classes per month as they wish within their age/ability level. This is perfect for the student who is in a Pre-Comp or Competition Level class that has several required technique classes, extra rehearsals, and choreography classes (all covered in our ‘U’ Unlimited Program) and would also like to test out additional classes. Students that take advantage this program often advance 3-4 times the average rate of skill progression. What a marvelous opportunity for the aspiring competition dancer to reach for their dreams. This is Northland’s best value! Students enrolled in our ‘U’ Program are required to pay the monthly tuition fee from Sept – June.
*Fees for Guest Choreographers are not included in this program